Bursitis in hip, difficulty in standing for long, pain in thigh and shin. Taken steroid, taking ibuprofen, hydrocodone, stretching exercise, compresses. What could be going wrong?

I am a female 65 yrs old.I had bursitis in my left hip. Had a steroid injection and took oxaprozin . After a week got releif, then I got it in my right hip. A week ago had a steroid injection and have been taking otc store brand ibuprofen and when the pain becomes severe I m taking hydrocodone(left over from a broken wrist). i have been doing some stretching and a few household chores but the pain gets so intense I can t stand for very long, while the pain is not as bad as a week ago I still have pain in my theigh and my shin. i have been resting on the couch with ice/heat and that helps until bedtime then it gets worse. What am I doing wrong, what can I take for some releif and how much longer should this last.
Asked On : Sun, 17 Jun 2012