Burping, passing gas, on gas-X. Having pain in the back, radiating to thigh. Suggestions?

i am a 41 yr old female - smoker (7-8 cigs/day... many times 3 cigs /day as i m trying to quit). lately (Like at least a month i d say) i have been excessively burping and passing gas. it s quite embarrassing and is very annoying. i ve tried Gas-X, which helped initially. This past Saturday, I woke up w/ a pain by my left hip bone . feels muscular, but i cannot try to massage it b/c it seems to be more behind the bone. radiates to my side and slightly around my back. i find when pressing to move bowels, the pain there is more prevalant. when sitting to work it doesn t bother me until i go to move or stand up. yesterday it almost felt like it radiated down my left thigh a little, but maybe that was just from me doing stretches to try and relive the feeling. today is day 3. i m annoyed, uncomfortable, and a little scared of what it could be. lower back also stiff. i feel like an old lady who needs a walker. any ideas?
Asked On : Thu, 22 Nov 2012