Burping, diarrhea, gassy, had strong coffee. Planning for singing audition. Remedy?

Hello. I drank a really strong coffee about 2 weeks ago & immediately I felt sick, I had diarrhea & I started burping. I felt like throwing up but I couldn't, it was just burps. I haven't stopped burping since. The burping has gone away a little, I don't burp as much but I still burp. I went to my doctor & he said it'll pass. I feel extremely gassy too. I sing & plan to go to a big audition in a few months. Will this ruin my singing voice? Was my doctor right? I do trust him, but I burp too much. I have no pain anywhere, my burps don't smell. I feel a little worse when I have an empty stomach. Please help. I'm only 16 years old.
Asked On : Mon, 22 Apr 2013