Burnt hand, swelling, peeling. Using polysporin and levaquin. Anything else?

I burnt my hand about 2 months ago while reaching into the oven to take out a tray of cookies. The oven was set to about 350 degrees. I touched it very slightly and the burn was maybe half an inch. I really didn t think much of it as it scabbed over right away. The scab fell off a day or two after. I m assuming it fell off prematurely because that s when everything went wrong. I developed small blisters all around my burn spreading over most of my hand and wrist . My entire hand was swollen. I was advised to take Levaquin once a day for 1 week to aid the probable infection. The swelling has gone down and now it is no longer as bright red but much darker. A layer of skin seems to be peeling off. However I still have bumps. I get random surges of unbearable itchiness. How long will this take to heal and will I have a lot of scarring? It feels really soothing for the itching when I put hot water on it..especially in the shower. Should I be putting on cold water instead? I have also been putting Polysporin on it but nothing else. Is there something else I should use? Please advise. Thank you!
Asked On : Mon, 11 Feb 2013