Burning while urinating after fingering. Why is this ?

Okay, so my boyfriend fingered me the day before yesterday after two weeks of no such activity. This isn't the first time he's done it though. Anyway, this time I guess he was a little rougher or something because I had to tell him to stop and I felt funky to walk after. Then later oh when I went to the restroom it burned really bad while urinating and when I cleaned myself there was slight bleeding. Why is this and should I be really concerned because the burning and bleeding persist today as well.
Asked On : Wed, 3 Apr 2013
Hello and welcome to HCM.

Thank you for your query.

This is fine. Especially after any rigorous activity, which can cause erosion of the inner lying mucosa of the vagina. It would be best to avoid such rigorous activity in the future, as this can leave the vagina vulnerable to infections.

Request your partner to be more gentle. Also, if you have been facing any problem with lubrication, using a sterile lubricant will also help. Other than this there should be nothing of major concern to worry about.

If you continue to notice the bleeding or a burning sensation for more than 24-48 hours, then it would best to report to a doctor.

I hope I have succeeded in providing the information you were looking for. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications. I would gladly help you.

Best wishes.

General & Family Physician Dr. Michelle Gibson James's  Response
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

The burning that you are experiencing is likely related to trauma to the vaginal area. Any slight trauma can result in burning as the urine passes the area.If this is the sole cause it should resolve within 1-3 days of the trauma and the use of a sitz bath may help soothe the area and speed up the recovery process.
A sitz bath involves sitting in container with tepid water.The water may contain salt or epsom salt or witch hazel, or baking soda.
You may want to consider the use of a lubricant to avoid any future trauma

Burning on urination can also of a urinary tract infection and if it persists beyond the time mentioned then you may want to visit your doctor for an evaluation.

I hope this helps