Burning vagina after I urinate, is this because of any fungal infection ?

For the last two weeks I have burning around my vagina.At first this throbbing, streching, achy pain was felt on my labi major.To touch it,it did not hurt.It was like right underneath my skin .My vaginal opening also felt irritated and the inside too,but only on the right side,like a scratchy feeling when you get soap inside your vagina.A week later my labia minor on the left side was big and hard.It didn t hurt to touch.I have sex with my husband and doesn t burn during or after.It seems it gets worse after I pee,but when I rinse under cool water it feels better.It gets much worse when my urine touches it. I had my pap test done two weeks ago and it came back negative,and also negative for chlamydia .I told my doctor I felt burning down there while he was doing my pap and he prescribed me 8 tab apo-metronidazole,and anti fungal cream for which he thought could be Bacterial vaginosis .I ve been using the cream but it still burns. I m also taking ibuprofen,and Tylenol# 2 for a colles wrist fracture I sustained in January.I am desperate to find an answer to what has been bugging me for the past two weeks.I need to stop this irritating feeling...Thank You.
Asked On : Wed, 23 Mar 2011