Burning, tightness, painful pop in knee while walking, 2 plates post tibia fracture, arthroscopic surgery on torn meniscus. Pain relievers?

I have burning and tightness feeling along with painful pop in knee with every step.I had broken tibia plateau in nov 09 and now have 2 plates and 13 screws and had torn acl , mcl and meniscus .Had two arthriscopic knee surgeries on torn meniscus one june2010 and june 2011. Dr says he doesn t want to do knee replacement till i am over 40 or more because of my activity level.What can i do to relieve pain or should i be concerned that i tore meniscus again thanks and i am only 32 now.
Asked On : Sun, 13 May 2012