Burning, sharp shooting pain on the thigh at the same spot during the day, lasts for few seconds and eases. What could it be?<br>

I have a burning and shooting pain on the inside of my left thigh lasting about 15 seconds. It s in the exact same place each and every time. It started about a month ago and the pain occurs about 3 -4 times a day ... sometimes at night in bed. It s baffling! I have a pretty high pain threshold, but this is quite sharp and painful and quickly eases off. What could it be? I am a 60 year old in otherwise good health ... nothing serious.
Asked On : Thu, 7 Jun 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
These symptoms are suggesting that you may be having a disc prolapse. I would recommend you to get MRI of the spine to see if there is a disc protrusion and if yes then how much . According to that you can plan . If it is in early stage then treatment will be physiotherapy and muscle relaxant and Pregabalin and Methylcobal.If it is in late stages then surgery is needed. Till that time, avoid bending forward and weight lifting.