Burning sensation while urination and bowel movements. Reason?

I am 18 years old. Today whenever I try to use the restroom either to pee or poop I feel a stinging and burning sensation. I looked over myself and noticed the surrounding area is slightly red and irritated. I also feel slight pinching as well. I haven t been involved in any sexual activity for 2-3 weeks. I m not sure what could be wrong?
Asked On : Wed, 6 Mar 2013
Hi ,
Your symptoms suggest you are having cystitis most oftenly caused by Escherichia coli or coliform bacteria.The immediate thing you can do is to have plenty and plenty of water ,proper personal hygiene and avoid using public toilets and proper treatment like analgesics and antibiotics.
Dr Shilpi