Burning sensation on various parts of body followed by small glossy rash that is resistant to cortizone. Cause and cure?

Hi, I have been experiencing a burning sensation that last approximatley 5 to 20 minutes. The burning is generally in a small area no more than an inch to two inches and diameter. I have experienced the bruning on different occasions on my thigh, forarm, stomach, and neck. After the burning ceases, a small rash will appear within a few hours that seems to almost be glossy. The rash does not scab over and it does not blister. However, the rash does itch from time to time and it is resistant to cortizone creams. Any idea of what may have caused this and how to resolve it?
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013