Burning sensation on the knee. Had bruised the other leg in the past. No injury to the knee with the pain

hi, I m a healthy 40 year old woman who has had a burning sensation on my left knee when I ve been kneeling down causing me to move quickly to stop putting pressure on it. 3 weeks ago I slipped at work and bruised my other leg. this is now healed but the knee on my right leg is causing me great pain when kneeling- like a knife but really painful. now I can t kneel on either knee which is causing me problems. any ideas what s causing these pains. I did hurt my left knee 6 months ago when I slipped on ice!
Asked On : Sun, 20 Jan 2013
From history it seems that you might be having degenerative chenges taking place in your knee joint giving osteo-artheritis.
Go for x-ray knee joints.
consult orthopedic surgeon and get examined.
Avoid squatting position.
do patellar exercise.
Take calcium, vitamin A and D supplements.
Ok and take care.