Burning sensation on mons pubis skin. Used Hydrocortisone cream. Could it be heat rash, fungal infection?

Burning (not really itching) on mons pubis skin for 1 week. Skin does not look red and there do not appear to be any bumps. Pubic hair has never been shaved. I ve spent time outdoors recently exercising in the 90+° heat, sweating in pubic area. I ve tried to keep area clean and change (cotton) panties when necessary. Not sexually active. I have not spent any time in any new environments or with any new people. Self Tx: OTC 1% hydrocortisone cream to skin twice a day for the last two days with only short-term improvement. Dx: Heat rash vs fungal infection vs ?
Asked On : Sun, 29 Jul 2012