Burning sensation in vagina, vaginal thrush, bad odor. Any ideas?

I have a problem with this burning sensation in my vagina. It's usually somewhere around my vaginal opening and vaginal wall. I think maybe it's STD, I'm not sure. I went to the clinic cause I started having vaginal thrush and they gave me some treatment for it. I took the treatment for a week, then after that the thrush disappeared. Few weeks after I had finished the treatment, the thrush reappeared. I used the cream they gave me at the clinic until the thrush disappeared completely. It's been months now and the is still this burning sensation in my vagina. I haven't tested for an STD and I'm really scared that they might find something. What's worse is that I'm starting to smell very bad down there. What do you think can be the cause?
Asked On : Mon, 13 May 2013