Burning sensation in vagina after excessive sex, consistent even after abstinence. What could be the cause?

I started having sex a while ago with my boyfriend. It was my first time having sex and we did it quite a lot. After some time I got this burning sensation and it hurt really bad. During intercourse but also after and it would last for like 15-20 minutes. We always used a condom. I was very red and I went to my doctor and she said it looked like I was having sex too much so she said I should wait. We waited for a week and it still hurt. Now i m not together with him anymore so I don t know if its over. But it seems like everthing is normal it s been a 3 weeks without sex now. But still I wonder what if could be and if it will come again if I have sex with the next guy I met. Thank you for your time
Asked On : Wed, 9 Jan 2013