Burning sensation in stomach, upper abdomen. Taking antibiotics. Endoscopy done. Can it lead to cancer?

sir , o am facing pain in middle portion of stomach with burning sensation , in upeer abdomen , i am in medication for long time , more than a year , have done endoscopy also , report was fine , i am fearing that as bcz the pain and burning sensation in my stomach is still thr , can it lead to cancer , what is your advice , i have done endoscopy before an year ago
Asked On : Sun, 6 Jan 2013
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Hi thanks for youir qiestion.
Your are having pain abdomen and burning sensation.These are symptoms of acid peptic disease(APD).You had endoscpy one year back.What was your H Pylori status?( it is a bacterail infection of stomach picked up during endoscpy and is respponsible for APD).Antibiotics itself can lead to gastritis ( inflammation of stomach).APD usually don't lead to cancer.I would suggest you to consult nearby physician and get your H Pylori status checked by repeat upper G i endoscopy.
You may need treatment for H Pylori eradication (if presennt) and gastritis.You should avoid other causes of APD like cigrette smoking,alcohol,spicy food and drugs espicially pain killer.
Hope this answers your qiestion.