Burning sensation in right heel. Tender to touch, no redness. What could it be?

I have had a burning sensastion in my right heel for about 2 months now. I had had a heel spur before. This is different. When it began I felt like I had a blister on the right outside edge of my heel. The sensation gets worse as I try to walk on it. Sometimes it even burns just sitting in a chair. It is very tender to the touch. Does not seem to be hot or red. No outword signs. My dr. shot it a fews days ago. He seemed to think it ws bursitis in my heel. The shot lasted about 6 hours. Any ideas?
Asked On : Fri, 15 Feb 2013