Burning sensation in lower stomach, chronic constipation. Tried lactulose. Suggestions?

Last year after months of burning in lower right stomach , I had various test ending with virtual CT Colonoscopy scan. All organs found to be clear and Consultant advised me to take Movical regularly as chronic constipation was probable cause. OK for two months then same syptoms began. Trying Lactulose in place of Movicol and after various effects including explosive BM I have tried different doses which now seem to be helping with constipation. However burning still there on and off and has never really gone away. GP seems as baffled as me. Any suggestions?
Asked On : Tue, 26 Feb 2013