Burning sensation in esophagus, getting worse. Had spicy food. What can be done?

Yes please. I am 56 years old and in great health. The last couple of days I've had this burning where I know my esophagus is. I woke up several times last night with this. When I rolled over on my side it was worse. I've taken tums (for the first time) with no relief. I've not eaten any spicy foods lately, (even though they haven't bothered me in the past) Can you help me figure this out? Or at least have suggestions what I can do? Thank you. Shirley
Asked On : Wed, 10 Apr 2013