Burning sensation in clitoris after having sex. Have IC. Painful to urinate

I recently have started experiencing an intense burning sensation in my clitoris about 10-15 hours after I have sex. There is never pain during sex or immediately after. The intense pain lasts a few hours and then it is sore for days afterwards. It only happens if my clitoris is stimulated and I reach orgasm not during vaginal intercourse. When it is flared up it is painful to urinate as well. I have been diagnosed with IC but have that under control and rarely have symptoms. I have seen my ob/gym and she tested me for infection and found nothing. I have been sexually active for years, and only in the past couple of months have had these symptoms. I am not using any strange lotions, douches, or anything. I am 34 yrs old and don t have any children.
Asked On : Sun, 24 Feb 2013
thank you for query madam,
causes of soreness of clitoris-
It's common for the clitoris to be sore for several days after vigorous sexual activity.
Many people don't realise this. Many women worry because their clitorises are sore following sex.
But intensive rubbing on, and around, the delicate tissues of the clitoris can cause soreness.
Fortunately, this sore feeling nearly always gets better quickly. You can ease it by applying a bland cream every eight hours or so. It may also be best to refrain from sex for the next few days.
In order to prevent this sort of thing happening in future, try to make sure that during foreplay, intercourse or masturbation, the clitoris is well lubricated.
It's easy for either partner to use the natural vaginal secretions to moisten the clitoral area.
Alternatively, you can use one of the many good sex lubricants that are available.