Burning sensation in chest after taking pill. How to stop pain and discomfort?

Burning, stabbing sensation in my chest and neck/ throat after taking a pill . Currently suffering... unable to stop the pain and discomfort even after trying to purge the pills, eat/drink, and melting ice in mouth and swallowing the cold water and letting the ice cubes slide down my throat momentarily before swallowing... please help!!!
Asked On : Wed, 19 Dec 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response
probably you are having severe gastric irritation so you should take PPI (proton pump inhibitor) like tab Parit (Rabiprazole) one tab daily.if after taking above medicine you have no relief than Upper GI endoscopy is recmonded.