Burning sensation in back and bottom of heel, where back and bottom join. Started while doing yoga. Treatment?

I have a burning sensation in the back and bottom of my heel, where the back and bottom join. The burning is not constant. It gets worse as the day wears on and if pressure is put on the back of the heel - for example, sitting with feet on a foot stool. It is most noticeable and was first felt when I tried to do the downward dog yoga pose. I can flex my ankle and my hamstrings are very flexible. I can put my hands flat on the floor while standing with straight legs. I have started feeling it sometimes when my foot is flexed now, but this is a more recent development. I walk barefoot when at home, in the house, and this seems to be aggravating it now. Can you advise?
Asked On : Tue, 15 Oct 2013
HI
Thank for asking to HCM
It may be because of uneven pressure over spine area, very poor posture during exercise, it may be aggravate if you do not take complete bed rest, even couple of days would be enough, after the rest you can go to Yoga but if you feel same problem then you will have to consult the orthopedic surgeon, have nice day.