Burning sensation between ribs, area sore to touch, frequent wind diarrhea, difficulty in eating. Suggestive treatment?

Hi there I m a 29year old female I have 3 children . I started having a burning sensation in between my ribs going back 2 years ago the doctor tools me i had ibs and give me something s to help which indeed did not help at all the pain is getting worse the area is sore to touch I have constant wind diarrhoea and I can t eat as it hurts and makes me feel sick , I am really worried as I have a busy lifestyle and I hate feeling so tired and unwell all the time my oldest son who is 10 has ADHD and my youngest boy who is 5 is autistic I just want help to feel well again I am trying to give up smoking also thank you
Asked On : Fri, 5 Oct 2012

Welcome to the forum. Your symptoms are indicative of epigastric pain. The most common cause can be gastroesophageal reflux disease. It could also be due to gastritis. It can also be some lung disease ( COPD) that is causing you discomfort. I suggest you to consult a doctor and get investigations done. You should get diagnosed at early as possible. Get treated. You should quit smoking.

If it is GERD, the food and liquids that you take gets back into your esophaagus from the stomach. This results in burning sensation, irritation and discomfort. Smoking, alcohol, obesity are the chief factors that may cause it. There are many other factors like hiatus hernia, pregnancy, etc. You need to get investigations like barium swallow, esophageal manometry, EGD, esophageal monitoring done.

You are in need of medications and care. Try to sleep well, avoid oily junk food, eat smaller meals, exercise and try to loose weight. You should not eat food rich in spices and oil, it will increase acidity and make you restless.

You should change your lifestyle. Avoid caffeine, nicotine, alcohol and all things that cause addiction. Perform yoga and exercises under an expert. Proton pump inhibitors, antacids and a good lifestyle will be helpful for you.

You may need a surgery if you are diagnosed with GERD depending upon the complexity of your symtoms and condition. Have a good day, take care.