Burning sensation below the belly button after having alcohol. Radiating to the groin area. What is happening?

several hours after drinking alcohol I have a slight burning sensaton that runs along a line that starts a few inches left of my belly button down to the left side of my groin area. It is more intense in the groins area and I will radiate to toward the left hip. After laying off the beer for a few days it will go away but will return again after more alcohol intake.
Asked On : Thu, 15 Nov 2012
Psychologist 's  Response
Dec 2015
Welcome to HCM
We understand your concerns

There are lot of organs around your belly button and if there is any discomfort to any of them, then the discomfort will manifest as pain anywhere around the belly button. The symptoms might not be of alcoholic consumption. Or it could be exclusively due to that.

To confirm it is necessay to onsult a general practitioner as soon as possible. Even if it is due to gastric derangement, we need to confirm.

Get well soon