Burning sensation at the site of old injury of torn ligament on ankle. Should I be concerned ?

Hello-Two years ago I had surgery on my ankle. I had a torn ligament on the outside of my left foot . In the past few days I have felt a burning sensation at the site of the old injury. Each day the burning has gotten more frequent and intense. The area is not swollen, red, sensitive, etc. Should I be concerned? Thank you
Asked On : Sun, 20 Jan 2013
Apr 2013
Hi and welcome to Healthcare magic.Thank you for the query.
It can be inflammation of tendond or muscle,but it should heal spontaneously. If this persist for more than 2 weeks or some signs of inflammation occur, you should do xray to rule out osteomieliitis. Also, try to rest with this leg, apply cold compresses and keep it elevated as much as you can.
Wish you good health. Regards