Burning sensation and redness in foreskin upon friction. Cannot have sex

I have had this recurring problem that affects my interest in sex. Any sort of friction, including masturbation will cause my foreskin to have this burning sensation and it turns red very quickly. If i ignore the pain and continue, the pain will turn into stinging and smarting pain. When I check, sometimes, I detect minor tear at the foreskin joint to the head of the penis . I saw a general practitioner on this and was given some cream to apply at night. After using the cream, the sore and redness went away, but when i engage in sexual activity again, the symptoms return. I feel very frustrated because psychologically, I may be ready for sex, but the physical pain turns me off. Anyone has got any experience on this? What is it and how do I get it treated?
Asked On : Tue, 2 Oct 2012