Burning sensation after safe sex, painful vagina. Using lubricants. Help?

ok Serious question.. half way through sex my Girlfriend starts having a painfull burning felling during sex.. we dont use any off the counter products as in condums or lube. however she has been on the pill sence forever to help with her inconsistant and sometimes very painfull periods.. and after sex she complains alot about pain in going to the bathroom and pain in and around the vagina. should I be using a lubricant and if so We would like to know a product that wont become sticky like KY
Asked On : Fri, 12 Apr 2013
Sexologist 's  Response
A few possibilities come to my mind based on your question.
Is she well aroused? one of the signs of Arousal in women is lubrication. If not well aroused, then spend more time in foreplay.
In the first place consider using a lubricant, preferably a water based one (see which ones are available in your place/country).
If things do not get better, see a gynaecologist for an examination and also discuss changing the pill.
Hope that helps !