Burning scalp due to folliculitis, taking Doxycycline. Cure without hair loss?

I was diagnosed after a scalp biopsy with folliculitis . I am supposed to go back to the doctor on Wednesday to have stitches removed and to discuss treatment. I was put on Doxcycline 1 1/2 weeks ago. The burning and itching seemed to get better but now I feel like I have a bunch of splinters being put into my scalp and it burns again. I have lost a lot of hair over the past month and afraid of losing anymore since my scalp is becomming visible. I am getting desperate and afraid this doctor will not be able to help me. Is there any hope in curing this without me losing more hair? I do not understand how this was contracted and wondered if it could be from when my family and I went on a trip just 2 weeks prior to the initial onset. It was our first cruise and visited 3 different countries. Is that possible? I also wondered about the vinegar rinse that I have read about. Could that cause more problems?
Asked On : Wed, 31 Oct 2012