Burning pain in throat, ears hurting. Difficulty in swallowing. Is it due to laryngitis?

My throat is extremely painful with burning pain and day by day it has been getting worse. I have had this now for 5 days and now my ears are also hurting, it hurts when I swallow it feels like I m swallowing glass (it s not thonsilitis as I ve had that before). The pain stems from the middle of my throat and my voice is very husky and comes and goes. Also I feel wheezy have a cough , which hurts terribly when I do cough. I have seen a nurse who says it may be laryngitis but I can t take antibiotics for it as they won t work, does this sound correct?
Asked On : Mon, 18 Mar 2013