Burning pain in the groin radiating to the knee, difficulty in walking after rising from seated position. Had taken cotrizone shots in the groin, hip joint. Cause of recurring pain?

Have had a pain in the left groin area radiating down to my knee since Feb. 2012. The pain was moderate at first but when i leaned or bent over or rose from a seated position, I couldn t stand up straight because it felt like my bones where going to break if i tried to straighten up, like they were stuck together. I also had difficuly raising my leg very far without severe pain. It got so bad I went to an orthopaedist in April. They sent me for an MRI and all I got was there was some fluid in the groin area which could indicate a cyst or infection. The doctor gave me a cortizone shot in the groin area hoping that this would help. It didn t. Within 2 weeks I had to go back at which time he suggested that I have a shot of cortizone directly in my hip joint saying that if this helped, the pain was related to my hip. I had the shot by a radiologist in the hospital. I finally had relief from the pain, could bend over and walk up and down steps, and actually lift my leg, I felt total relief. This relief lasted 1 month, and then the pain started again. It was different this time. This time it is a burning pain in my groin radiating down to my knee. Several times when I have stood up from a seated position, I was unable to straighten my leg and could not bear weight on it for at least 10 minutes. I am not having that pain where my bones feel like they are going to break when I bend over; however, whenever I am rising from a seated position I am never sure anymore if I can walk because it is too painful when I try to put weight on my leg. Can you tell me what in the world is happening?
Asked On : Fri, 29 Jun 2012