Burning pain in ball of left sole, left hip also paining. Are they related?

I have a lump at the base of the ball of my left sole. I have had it for a few years, and my Dr. has no concerns. However for the past year there is a burning hot spot on the outer side of my left foot , not sure if it is related to the small lump which is still on the sole. There is an increase of times throughout the day and night that I feel the burning pain. Nothing seems to help the pain, It seems to resolve itself, until the next time, this is now a daily occurrence. Co incidently my Left hip is causing me some pain as well mainly at night when lying in bed or certain ways i move, the pain stops me in my tracks, but doesnt continue in any severe way, but there is a dull ache afterwards. Do you think all these ailments are related, and should I visit my G.P. for further investigations
Asked On : Mon, 31 Dec 2012