Burning on the head around ear and above with full sensation, had got hit the head few day ago. Should I go for a scan?

I got hit on the side of the head a week and three days ago while at work. I leaned down into the floor to get something, raised up quickly, and hit my head on the side of a metal box on the wall of my classroom. I felt anxiety very quickly and stayed that way for about 4 days. The school nurse checked my pupils, and all was good. I did not get nauseated or sick; I just felt a little disoriented and anxious for days. Now, my head, around my left ear and above, still has a burning and very full sensation. Upon impact, there no bump developed. It almost felt like I split my ear open, but there was no damage to the outside of it. Should I get a scan done, or I am overly worried?
Asked On : Wed, 30 Jan 2013