Burning, itchy sensation on lower back, spreading to the other side. What could this be?

I woke up this morning and was fine, When I got out of the showe I had a burning itchy sensation on my lower back. an hour later I could barely sit in my vehicle and drive because it hurt when it touched the seat. I showed my mom and sister and they said it was hives from stress . Now it s been 6 hours and the skin is still thick, reddish and burning. At first it was mainly on one side now I feel like it s spreading to the other.
Asked On : Fri, 23 Nov 2012