Burning, itchy scalp after braided hairstyle. How to get relief?

I had to wear a braided hairstyle to a wedding a couple of weeks ago. I got it done a week before the wedding and tried keeping it in for a few days but the style was so tight and my scalp was burning so bad that I wound up taking it out last sunday night. It s been 5 days and my scalp is still burning/itching extremely bad. I ve checked my scalp and there are no sore/scabs and I m not experiencing any hair loss . I ve read online that it could also be from stress/anxiety/ depression which I suffer from. What could be the problem and what can I do to get rid of the intensely itchy and burning sensation?
Asked On : Wed, 29 Aug 2012