Burning, itching all over body, feeling of something biting me, no bumps, rashes, shingles. Allergic reaction?

Dear Doctor I am burning and itching all over my body, I feel like something is biting me But I don t have any bumps or rashes , I don t have the shingles nor do I have bed bugs. When I went to my doctor he thought I had an allergic reaction but I don t know to what, The only thing I m allergic to is bee venom and I didn t get stung. What worries me the most is that this is a off and on thing, One minute I m fine then the next I;m burning and itching again what does this mean and what should I do ?
Asked On : Tue, 12 Jun 2012