Burning in throat that aggravates on excessive talking, during cold weather, occasional cough. Treatment?

Dear doctor, I am a 63 years old university professor from Bangladesh. For long time I was suffering due to some kind of burning sensation all through the day felt inside my throat . If I talked much (lecturing in the classes) or if the weather was cold , it became worse, specifically in the late night and early morning. So, I have consulted a doctor six months before. After check up he told me to go to bed at least 3 hours after having dinner. And I am gradually feeling better. But during this winter when the temperature is very low, I am feeling mild soar throat, but not severe as before. In this condition I am careful not to be caught by cold. But still feeling not fully cured. Sometimes I need to discharge some cough too. Therefore, could you please tell me what can I do more? Is there any need to take any medicine now? What I want - to be fully cured from this throat problem. Regards Masuduzzaman, PhD
Asked On : Sun, 13 Jan 2013