Thank you for the query.
Such symptoms are probably caused gastric irritation by what you have drunk or eaten. Do not worry. It is not poisoning you. This julep is a history for your body and is gone long time ago. What you are probably suffering from is acid reflux
or peptic ulcer
. It is possible that this ulcer was present for some time and for some reason it has gotten worst due to julep or something else intake.
It is advisable for you to have upper GI endoscopy (even if heartburn
will go away) as it is necessary to rule peptic ulcer out. During the endoscopy Helicobacter Pylori
test should be performed and if positive, antibiotic therapy is necessary.
To make this burning stop it is advisable to drink mineral water, prevent coffee, soft drinks, fatty foods, chocolate and fruit juices. But proper treatment can be administrated only after endoscopy.
You should also have your heart condition checked as this heartburning may be caused by heart attack
as well. So at least heart ECG should be performed.
Hope this will help.