Burning in shoulder blade, painful, uncomfortable, injured twice, weak. What can help?

I had a very strange experience that happened to me only one time, however, it bothers me and I fear it may happen again. I am/was having burning sensations in my left shoulder blade - it is still happening, but it is so very very painful and uncomfortable. The one incident that frightened me to death was when I reinjured the shoulder by falling on it catching myself so I would not land on my son. After the fall, I had a small cold drink of pop or water and I could feel the cold feeling going down my arm! The shoulder/arm continue to weaken and I have complete locking of my fingers on both hands from time to time. But, why would I feel a coldness from a drink going down my arm?
Asked On : Wed, 9 Jan 2013