Burning in right knee, fluid build up in front of knee cap. Type II diabetic. Is this the reason ?

Burning in right knee like a carpet burn. I have fluid build-up as big as my small finger tip on the front of my knee cap. It moves. This has been hurting/burning off and on for a week now. Three days ago my same leg right, right ankle hurts very much when I put weight on my foot when I get up at night. Also, in the morning and when I sit for periods of time. I roll it around to help it circulate but it burns when I do that as well. I have type II diabetes could this be the issue. I wrote my physician yesterday and still awaiting for an answer. A year ago my left knee had hurt but not a burning situation like this. My doctor shot about 6 cortisone injections and it has never hurt since... Thanks for you answer in advance. Just very concerned
Asked On : Tue, 12 Feb 2013