Burning in eyes after splashing little rubbing alcohol. Can I just use saline drops or visit docotr ?

I just dropped a bottle of rubbing alcohol and it splashed in my face. A large quantity splashed into my eye. The bottle does not have a label so I don t know what percent it is. I have been flushing with water for half an hour now and it still burns, I can barely open it. Should I just wait it out and do a saline rinse and tear drops? Or at what point should I find a doctor? I am on vacation and have no idea what to do.
Asked On : Tue, 20 Nov 2012
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Nov 2012
The rubbing alcohol is highly toxic to the epithelium of the surface of eye. It is highly irritant. It was wise of you to rinse it with should see an eye specialist immediately to know the amount of injury. It will be ok once proper treatment has been instituted.