Burning during urination, vaginal discharge, infection. Symptoms due to tampons, sperm or old blood?

my issues is burning with urination all of sudden not went to doctor told her I may have a tompon stuck she checked and said no tampon was there but i can remeber removing it or not. not I have burning, and discharge from vaginal area she said it was lochia but you have that after giving birth to baby, then she said it was sperm and old blood. gave me cipro and vaginal creme. pain still there could the tompon have traveled up higher and causing infection.
Asked On : Wed, 4 Jul 2012