Burning cut on the vagina after shaving. Used dettol. What else to do?

I m having a small cut beside my vagina's main hole it burns a bit sometimes and bleeding all the time..I was shaving those hair by a trimmer & because of that i got a cut ..And my periods are over a day before i shaved those hair..And i am applying some dettol liquid after mixing it in some water please tell me what to do now!I m worried..
Asked On : Tue, 9 Apr 2013
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

There is no need to be worried. The healing process will take its own time i.e. about 7-14 days and in that period keep the area clean and frequently change your undergarments. I hope you are also using antibiotic powder or lotion (povidone) while also using the dettol to wash the area. I hope this helps. If you do not see any improvement in a couple of days please visit a gynecologist.

Take care and have a lovely day !