Burning at stomach region radiating to chest, slight indigestion after eating, eases with TUMS. Cause?

OK, I have had this condition for upwards of a year now. Sounds crazy but it really doesn t appear other than when I sit down to eat. Spicy, salty, or acidic foods are the worst. Neutral foods such as milk, bread, vegetables don t cause the problem. The burning initiates at the stomach region and then radiates through the chest for about the time it takes the food to enter the stomach. After the meal I may or may not experience slight indigestion which can be stopped by a single Tums tablet. Not suffering any weight loss , have good appetite and energy levels. I am 67 years old and in good health. I work out three times a week and the gym and power walk 6 to 7 days a week.
Asked On : Fri, 25 Jan 2013