Burning and watering eyes, headache, increased heartbeat. Due to paint fumes?

hi therei live in the main floor of a house,there is an apartment downstairs here and we share the same furnace and vents.The lady downstairs is painting the whole place downthere,i asked her to please use low odor paint because i have asthma , weak respiratory also from a rare form of muscular dystrophy .The painting has been going on for 14 days today and because its cold out at this time of the year she is not opening her windows and even when we open our windows we still smell the paint fumes.We dont beleive she is using low odor paint and claims she is using low voc paint but we dont even beleive that ,she said she got it on sell in the beginning for cheap.The tennant downstairs is also bi polor which is complicating matters terribly.My eyes have been burning and watering since day one,i have had to take puffers too,i have had a headache every day since this painting thing has began and the last few nights my heart has been racing really bad. any suggestions what i can do? is all this from paint fumes rising through our vents? the tenant who lives down stair also is mean and very argumentative and isnt caring about my health or well being because she isnt well.I have talked to her 2 times already,she said 2 days ago she would stop and we came home last night once again to see the painter still there and the fumes again killing us here..... any suggestions,please help, cindy
Asked On : Sun, 18 Nov 2012