Burning and tingling sensation in throat, cough, nausea. Due to cold or heart burn?

I had difficulty sleeping last night because it felt like acid was going down my throat and I had to get up and cough it out a few times so that I wouldn t choke. The I woke up in the morning and have a very tingly throat (continued to feel acid). I have been feeling nauseous all day and it is 9 pm (Symptoms have not improved). Could this be because I am coming down witha cold or does it seem more like heart burn?
Asked On : Sat, 12 Jan 2013