Burning and pain consistent with UTI, tests show microscopic heamaturia. Prescribed Eogeston. Reasons ?

Hello, I am a 46 year old women. For the past five weeks I have experienced burning and pain consistent with a UTI. I have had 5 samples taken of my urine and all show microscopic heamuturia but white blood cells have normal blood count. I think the red blood cells were a count of about 10 more than normal for RBC. I have been prescribed two courses of UTI speciific antibiotics, yet the urine test from the lab confirms no UTI (white blood cells normal), Cannestin cream with HC to apply for 3 weeks. Symptons have not improved, yet worsened. Visited GP this morning and requested kidney ultrasound and Cystoscopy. Both have been refused for the time being and I have been prescribed an Eogeston based pessary for Atrophic Vaganitis, even though I have not gone through the Menopause yet. I have a history of pre-cancerous cervical cells. I feel powerless and need some guidance. I am prepared to go private if I need to. Thanks
Asked On : Fri, 5 Apr 2013