Burning and itching lips with swelling. Steroid prescribed. Allergy?

I have burning, itching lips that are also slightly swollen. I have been having problems with this off and on since July 2012 when I was in the sun all day. My face did not get sun burned but my lips were burning. Since then my lips are extremely dry and I have periods when they become extremely uncomfortable with the burning, almost likes needles and itching. I have seen 2 dermotologists. One in Oct. and was treated for an infection and given a steriod ointment. The second doctor this week who said I have dry skin and probably reacting to a topical allergen. I was given a non steroidal antinflamatory cream and told to use that 2-3x/day and only vaseline in between. I am still extremely uncomfortable. So bad I couldn't sleep last night. Thanks for any help.
Asked On : Tue, 2 Apr 2013