Burning and constant feeling to urinate after gallstones removal surgery. Is this due to the surgery ?

Hi, my grandmother recently had gall stones removed. She had the surgery a week ago tomorrow and is still experiencing extreme amounts of pain. Additionally, she seems to be having symptoms similar to a urinary tract infection - burning and constant feeling to urinate. Is that a symptom involved with gall stones or the removal thereof? And to add more to all of it, she has been having diaherra for over 2 months. Her doctor precribed her medications for this which help when she remembers to take them, but it seems to be an ongoing issue for her - even more so after the surgery. I m worried that my grandmother may have some other issues going on that the doctors haven t found yet. Can you help shed some light on any of this? Thank you!
Asked On : Fri, 8 Feb 2013