Burned tongue with a bump, broke causing a deep hole and permanent hard lump. Treatment?

I burned my tongue from drinking coffee and it left a bump on the tongue. I am a regular smoker and a very impatient person, so after the bump being there for a week, for some reason I popped the bump by pushing it up against my two front teeth . This caused a deep indention/hole in my tongue that was bleeding uncontrollably. After it healed there is a hard bump on my tongue with white hairs connected around the base of it but if i press my finger up on the back of my tongue, the bump is risen. It has been there for a month now so I m looking for possible ways to get this treated.
Asked On : Sun, 20 Jan 2013
Dentist 's  Response
The bump on tongue is arised due to the ulceration of mucosa at the affected site.
I would suggest you to apply anaesthetic gel on the affected area for temporary relief.
Rinse your mouth with betadine frequently.
Take plenty of fluids and nutritious diet.
Maintain oral hygiene well.
Vitamin c,iron supplements has to be administered.
If symptoms persists,please do visit a dentist.
Hope this helps.