Burn on the knuckle. Used neosporin. Severe pain with pus formation. Can I treat it with neosporin?

I burned my knuckle 2 weeks ago, it instantly blistered and popped. I kept it covered the first week with Neosporin under the band aid, then left it open the second week. It is still extremely painful. Today I put a band aid on it because I kept bumping it on stuff. When I took off the band aid before I washed my hands, the scab completely rolled off, leaving behind puss the color and consistency of honey . I cleaned it up, washed it out and when I was patting it dry, I noticed that it is a hole. Is it best for me to go back to the Neosporin regimen until it heals?
Asked On : Mon, 4 Feb 2013