Burn on pointer finger, skin seems to have ripped off, lacks color. Should it be cut off?

I suffered a nasty rope burn on the underside of my pointer finger . the skin that ripped off is still attached thick and lacks any color. Should it be cut off? Do I need to apply a special burn cream or continue using antibiotic ointment? I had it wrapped with a bandaid and switched to guaze because it seemed to be very wet, not sure bandaid or gauze?
Asked On : Thu, 31 Jan 2013
Anesthesiologist 's  Response
as the injury is to part which is sensitive and very important for the life and career,,,do not neglect consult an orthopaedician/plastic surgeon so that they will try to salvage as much as possible to bring your finger back to normal aesthetically and functionally,,do not delay before its late or gets infected causing more trouble..bye